12.12.09

One More Week in Hong Kong

I'm probably at the 3 months, 3 weeks mark of my Hong Kong stay. Uhh! But I love it here! Because of my student Octopus card, I take the metro anywhere in the city for under a dollar. My favorite thing at the bakery is this little cheesy puff at Yakazaki bakery, which are 25 cents USD each. I can get a milk tea boba, 24 oz for 1.50USD. No tax when purchasing items. McDonald Value Meals are under 4 USD. The weather finally dried up, resembling more of LA. A wonderful 20 degrees Celsius here in the middle of December. Finished all my 24 hr. finals, group projects, research papers, oral exams, etc. Here, the toilet paper comes in three-ply; the States doesn't even have that. And, for my four months of cell phone use, I've paid about a total of 45 USD. What else does a person want out of life?
But... in a week I have to take a 12 hr. flight home to San Francisco, stay 8 days, and hop on a place of some length to go to London. Then, meet up with Christina, and possibly have to leave again only to reenter as a Student. Silly, immigration office, you're just making more work for yourself by not accepting me as a student in the first place. Like I would really stay there illegally when I'm a U.S. citizen. Discriminate against a national from a developing region. Come on, now.
And look, I've found a cup cakery in Hong Kong. And only a dollar each!
I'm calling this place home!
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR
Song Playing: One More Time with Feeling by Regina Spektor

1 comment:

  1. It's an Oyster Card in London. What's with all the seafood?

    P.S. remember to bring some buns back! That's your accommodation fee.

    ReplyDelete