12.7.10

Half Way Mark in the District of Columbia

Greetings from the Most-Important-Place-on-Earth (Washington D.C.)!

I am at the half-way mark, nearing 5 weeks. Comparatively insignificant to my other stays, but since my days are occupied with my 9-to-5 job, all things are accomplishmenta. Like today, I experienced another humid, rainy D.C. day. As I stepped outside on my over-air-conditioned office building, I felt the humidity building up to a rain storm, like being on the cusp of a sneeze
when you are consecutively inhaling because you are about to explode. Yes, that. But I had to grocery shop at a Safeway five blocks away, so I scurried in my after-work flip flops to Safeway. But, yes it got me. The sky finally sneezed, and I was caught in the rain in a white blouse.

Anyway, I have not done all the usual tourist/sightseeing activities of D.C. I have been to the Mall, National Zoo, one of the Smithsonian Museums, outside of Congress, metro-ed everyday, walked through Georgetown district, and got some Ray's Hell Burger (if it can bridge the former Soviet Union and a U.S. President together, then I am also willing to cross the Potomac for it). Still on the list is my private group tour of the White House in early August! Exciting. Here I come, Bo (the Obama dog)!

Take a look at this falafel (from Adams Morgan, D.C. Yumz!)

Song Playing: Freelance Whales
Book Reading: The Translator by Daoud Hari
Location: Washington D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment