19.8.09

Now to Conquer Asia!


On the eve of my departure for Hong Kong, I can't say that I have spent enough time in San Francisco to start up a routine nor had enough time to get unhung up about my time in Peru. But anyway, I've once again packed up all my clothes, this time with more variation than just jeans and v-neck tee shirts, into a suitcase for the next four months. For this part of the year, I have honestly done the worst amount of research, as in none. No Lonely Planet or Fodor's. No checking the weather channel for the latest updates. Just a suitcase of clothes, a Northface Denali for those chilly nights, and running shoes. I don't even know when and where my orientation is for Chinese University (CUHK) nor do I know if I have been assigned to a dorm on campus just yet. And I thought, not knowing if I was assigned to a host family for my stay in Peru was a low point in 'preparedness' (Cub Scouts of America, you can take away that honorary badge I got in 3rd grade).

I had all intentions of pulling an all-nighter tonight, binge-watching How I Met Your Mother, but I really can't stay up any later passed midnight. Especially knowing that it will probably be my last night on a real mattress for a while, since I will probably be bumming on my gram's couch for the next week.

P.S I will proudly be wearing my party pants/official backpacker pants while flying to Hong Kong tomorrow. I hope that means 'welcome to the club.'
Current Location: San Francisco, CA, USA

1 comment:

  1. Can we get a picture of you in the party pants at some point? preferably at an actual party.

    ReplyDelete